Tuesday 8 June 2010

Art Deco French Sheet music

I was drooling when I found a small box full of the most amazing sheet music from the 1920s and 30s at a little vide greniers in France. I had to haggle a lot but that is half the fun of going to a vide greniers of course. I spend ages and ages carefully going through all the sheets when I got back to England. Here are just a few photos -
Isn't the deep blue music sheet amazing?

Some are huge sheets with a selection of different songs, folded a few times so that the main picture becomes the cover, others are single sheets, some are even hand written. I am offering 5 pieces of Art Deco music, combination of folded and singles, all different of course and my choice. If there is a particular one you are after let me know, and I'll try to sort it out.
5 pieces £10.50 including postage worldwide





8 comments:

Anneke said...

very lovely music sheets and others.
the blue one is very unique in this color

Dorthe said...

Gorgeus and wonderfull sheets, love the sepia ones dear Liz.
hugs,hugs,hugs
Dorthe

Anonymous said...

delicious...all the shades...each and every page!

it's music to my eyes to look at them ...!!!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

Karen said...

Oh, I love your old sheet music. I almost feel like I've seen some of it before in my grandmother's old home.
Thanks for your visit today.
I'll be back!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

bj said...

Great old sheet music..

Thanks for stopping by..please come anytime. I'll be back to read more of your pretty blog.:)

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

mmmm.... would love to tear one of these and stick it on one of my mixed-media pages !!!
grobizoute

The Old Parsonage said...

What great sheet music. I have a box that was my Nan's, I'll have to dig it out.

Still trying to visit all the Sisters...
Thanks for popping by!
Leann

Tatieva artiste said...

Oh, tu aimes Tino Rossi ?
En France, nous chantons "Petit Papa Noël" tous les ans... dans toutes les chaumières...
Merci pour ce souvenir d'enfance...
Kisses from France,
Tatieva