Wednesday 20 January 2010

Starting gently - BUTTONS

Today was another really dark, grey and horridly wet day, and I gave up on the idea of photographing anything. But, as I said yesterday, I have photos of a few items at least, so I might as well start gently.

I'll list a few things today and tomorrow I'll try and organise the blog so that you can actually find things which you might be looking for. If you would like to buy something, please email me so that I can put SOLD against it. Payment can be made by Paypal or within the UK by cheque. Every item is plus p&p, which I charge at cost, and as soon as you have emailed me with your interest in an item or items, I'll weigh the item(s) and get back to you with the p&p.

You probably know by now that I am one of the many many girls in blogland, who just love buttons, those wonderfully tactile, gorgeous little disks we like to fondle. So I thought I start with a few of those.

B1a and B1b -

These are the most gorgeous French glass buttons, beautifully intricate and a a good weight, 24 of them on the original card. They measure approximately 3/4" in diameter. The pretty card is approx. 7 1/2" by 5". You can own these fabulous little pieces of French Fashion history for £12, thats just 50p per precious button. I have two cards available. BOTH SOLD, THANK YOU!

-----

B2 -
Black is so difficult to photograph, sigh, the buttons are so pretty and the photos don't do them justice. There are 12 buttons on this gorgeous original old card, with the magic word "Paris" in a beautiful font at the top of the card. The buttons are approx 1" in diameter ( 25mm ), the card is approx. 7" by 4 1/4". £9.00.

-----

B3s - SOLD
Excellent quality French leather buttons, black, stitched with a cream coloured thick thread. 24 buttons on the original old French card in fabulous condition, each button measuring just under an inch ( 25mm ) in diameter. The card is approx. 5" by 7 1/2". £ 11.50

I have the same sort of leather buttons in a larger size as well -
-----
B4L
These buttons match the ones just above, but are larger ( as can be seen in the photo of both cards ). There are 12 buttons on this card, each one measuring approx. 1 1/4" ( 31mm ) in diameter. £ 11.00

-----

I had a lot of loose gorgeous old buttons, but I thought they deserved to be on pretty little cards as well. So I made some, lol.

B5

Fabulous Art Deco buttons, I am pretty sure they are Bakelite, and such a fabulous design! Set of 4 buttons on a new card, Each button is approx. 1 1/8th" ( 28mm ) in diameter. Card is approx. 6" x 4". £6

-----

B6a and B6b


These lovely large buttons scream 60s to me. Shimmery and shiny, almost marbled, plastic, they measure 1 1/4" across. Soooooooooo retro! I remember a little white coat my mum had made for me in the early Sixties, and I am sure it had buttons very similar to these. 4 buttons on the card. £3.00 each card. I have two cards of these.

-----

B7
5 vintage buttons, each measuring 1 1/4" across on a new card. They have been made to look like horn I think, and I reckon they would look really gorgeous on a cream coloured cardi or jumper. I was quite tempted to sew them onto a thick cream coloured Aran scarf, on the ends.
£5.00

-----

B8 - I have left the best til last today. Please click on the images to enlarge them so that you can see the incredible detail on the stunning buttons -


Antique French buttons with a definite wow factor. Jet black glass buttons with a metal shank, and the most incredible detailed design. They almost look like a moire fabric in the centre. Aren't they just the most beautiful things? They measure approx. 1 inch across. A rare find indeed. £12

Tomorrow I am going to post some more French goodies, fabulous old seed and feed sacks, which would make rather stunning cushions/pillows. Very much sought after at the moment and not that easy to find.

xx

No comments: